Friday, July 18, 2008

Renaissance Wax/Polish

We discovered this great product that I use on my charms. Sterling Silver naturally oxidizes. On top of that I add layers of patina - further oxidizing it. After I get the surface colors I like I remove the top layers creating a relief. After throughly washing in dawn with a brush and steaming clean I let dry in the sun. When completely dry I apply Renaissance Wax to the surface (a little dab will do ya!) and let dry again. This protects the colors I've created and prevents further oxidation. http://www.restorationproduct.com/renwaxinfo.html When we're at our shows I pass on this info to other artists and customers if they're interested. It's a great product that can be used on soooo many surfaces. If you visit their link it tells you more.

No comments: