Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Why We Love Doing Jewerly Repairs

I was reminded yesterday of why we love doing jewelry repairs. I delivered two turquoise rings that Mark restored to a customer in Pinetop, AZ. I didn't know the story on the one ring until Dorothy shared it. The one multi-stone ring was her wedding band. Her husband died years ago after a long illness at home (Pinetop didn't have Hospice at that time.) The day after he passed she noticed one of the stones fell out of the ring overnight when he left. She never found it and stopped wearing the ring. When she slipped it on her finger tears welled up in her eyes as she told me the story, then I started crying, then she was crying. It was a really sad and happy moment that meant the world to her and me.

I should have taken before and after pictures which I will do in the future. Mark's restoration work is amazing! When we open our Alpine storefront we can take in this kind of work and provide a local service...and hopefully create many many happy customers like Dorothy.

No comments: